Sunday, July 14, 2013

Zimmerman Case Reactions

Now as outraged as I am, I'm going to keep my thoughts to a minimum & push more to hear your opinions/comments. 
The one point I would like to make is 
How can this be justice? 
A unarmed 17 year old young man walking in HIS neighborhood is followed by an ARMED MAN who totally disregards POLICE instructions to not follow him. He ends up in a confrontation and kills the young man and walks away a "legally' free man. Yet our jail cells are FULL of so many lesser offenders ? I'm not so much into the racial part of this case because it has become SO much more. Dwelling on the race issue blinds us all from the simple fact, it was wrong in any situation. No matter race, creed, color or sexual preference. How can the pursuer... carrying a gun feel threatened..? 
If a security guard at a store assaulted you after you stole and ransacked the entire store, he/she would be wrong and you could sue. Yet a "volunteer" watch men kills and all is well...
  
? WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ?
Another situation in this trial is the pictures of Martin being held out of court. 
? What is your opinion ?
Does smoking weed REALLY define a person ?
Does it matter ?
HERE ARE SOME CELEBRITY REACTIONS

Sophia Bush: The wind is more than knocked out of me... My heart aches for this boy's family. Justice System? I don't think so. #justicefortrayvon
Donald Trump: Zimmerman is no angel but the lack of evidence and the concept of self-defense, especially in Florida law, gave the jury little other choice
Roddy White: Fucking Zimmerman got away with murder today wow what kind of world do we live in … All them jurors should go home tonight and kill themselves for letting a grown man get away with killing a kid
Michael Moore: Had a gun-toting Trayvon Martin stalked an unarmed George Zimmerman, and then shot him to death... DO I EVEN NEED TO COMPLETE THIS SENTENCE?
Ellen Page: If u really believe racism isnt a massive problem, that the oppression of minorities is not a horrific and systemic issue. U R in denial.
Gabrielle Union: How do we explain this to children? RT @lolaogunnaike: Apparently walking while black is a crime punishable by death. #TrayvonMartin
Anthony Weiner: Keep Trayvon's family in our prayers. Deeply unsatisfying verdict. Trial by jury is our only choice in a democracy.
Trey Songz: Can't even gather words to express my hurt for Trayvon's family. Devastated
John Legend: My heart hurts.
Ja Rule: Wow so a human life don't mean shit in America... they gave me 2 years for just having a gun smh #fuckthesystem
Lena Dunham: No. My heart is with Sybrina Fulton, Rachel Jeantel, everyone who loved Trayvon and has been sent the message that his life didn't matter.
  : We must mourn the unnecessary & unjust death of a child, but to honor him we must rededicate ourselves to the very ideals that were violated
Questlove Jenkins: i want to rant but its like 1) i'm preaching to choir 2) this is about trayvon's parents not my anger 3) wont we just forget on sunday morn?
Lance Bass: That he didn't get at least manslaughter blows my mind. Heart hurts for the Martin family.
Lil Wayne: Tampa was amazing but kame bak to my bus and saw da news...ain't shit change, and I may never get to see it do so. I pray 4my kids & yours.
Mario Lopez: Hope people don't misbehave after hearing this verdict... Pray for the Martin family.
Josh Groban: Oh no. Seriously? Crap.
Olivia Wilde: I feel sick.
Andy Cohen: NO JUSTICE.
Mandy Moore: My heart is heavy...for all who knew and loved #TrayvonMartin. His life mattered. This is shameful.
Shaq: George Zimmerman not guilty can u believe that. Wow
Marlon Wayans: They traded us one OJ and a BARACK for a ZIMMERMAN.
Russell Simmons: I know many people are very upset about the verdict, but we must remain peaceful. No matter what, remain peaceful. Prayers for the Martin family ... Only God knows what was on Zimmerman mind but the gun laws and stand your ground laws must change. This is not "only" about race. This is about laws that allow racist acts to go unpunished. We must change laws that promote injustice
Nicki Minaj: And our taxes paid for that trial. We just paid to see a murderer walk free after killing an innocent unarmed little boy. #GodBlessAmerica
Miley Cyrus: I feel sick. #RipTrayvonMartin
Ann Coulter: Hallelujah!
                                               

- See more at: The Hollywood Gossip.com



No comments:

Post a Comment